Tuesday 12 April 2011

Update on the writing front

Guess it's about time for an update. :)

Got a major idea spur and have now 9 novels, some with no name nor plot, but about a... thing... I am not going to say more, because it would probably spoil it when you read the books. I want the readers to figure it out for themselves before I give them the conclusion. I am truly thrilled about this idea and wish I could write more about it, but it would spoil the whole meaning with the idea. Just be aware that there is a huge surprise hidden here :D

Now Come The Tears is currently being written as April's Script Frenzy rebel NaNo, and to be honest I'm far behind. I mean really really far behind. Almost so far behind I should put on an internet ban during April.
I should probably do it right now.

While I'm at it I have two titles I've sort of fallen in love with: Killing Time and Unsung. But so far Killing Time is only ONE idea and Unsung is not even an idea as much as only a title...
I'm thinking of totally rewriting The Speed of Darkness but right now I really should concentrate on getting Now Come The Tears.

I was to the library on Monday and borrowed John Marsden's So Much To Tell You (He is one of my absolute favourite authors, check him out if you already haven't! ) I'm longing to read it, but have promised myself I have to up my word count (or page count since that's what we're counting in Script Frenzy) before I do that.
From the library I have also dragged home three books about movie/script/film stuff (I had actually planned on writing Killing Time as a script) and a book named Write A Blockbuster which I'm practically plowing through right now :) and a book about studying effectively and a book about learning arabic...

I really should learn not to multitask.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I got your comment on my blog, i was trying to email you but not sure how to on this! Anyway i kind of like the idea about writing a novel in a month, i think if i had a deadline like that i would push myself a lot more than i do now! Anyway it would be great to hear from you, its always good for advice and bouncing ideas around with people in the same boat.

    Chris
    mclaughlin_c@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete